Saturday, September 26, 2020

Corpus Christi July 13-14, 2020


After my trip to see my parents in Washington with the boys was cancelled--again-- Courtney and I got brave and booked a trip to Corpus Christi for 2 nights with 6 kids in tow. The place we ended up booking was perfect. A whole room dedicated to just the boys separate from the house-- woohoo! 
Being the over-preparers we are we brought enough food between the two of us to have probably fed us all for a week. Someone (I think her husband, Carey, also our Bishop) had the idea to bring walkie-talkies with us so we could communicate quickly car to car. That was brilliant.

It's funny we are both the kind of people that feel like we're literally have to bring everything for every possible situation that might come about. I just adore this woman. She really made the difference in my transition to Texas. She still does 💜💜💜

These teen boys don't eat nearly as much as I expected them to. So. Much. Extra. Food.

The hermit crabs were the coolest thing. I've never been to a beach with these before. We brought home one small shell we thought was empty and it started to stink-- unfortunately for some crab it wasn't.


Oh how teens love pictures. Hyrum is especially funny here.

The only hitch was that it was another summer of classes for me. I really wanted to use the time because the future is uncertain for us in regards to when exactly this bone marrow transplant is happening and I want to get done with this Public Health degree. I ended up taking 12 credits, 6 for my BA at BYUI (health administration and health communications) and 6 for my prerequisites to the RN to BSN program with Austin Community College (Texas government and US History II). It was an endurance summer. I'm tired of taking classes that are just random required courses that have nothing to do with nursing. So cool they have a BA program at ACC though. I'm glad I can just stick with them. 

All the crabs we collected heading out to sea before we left. 

No comments: