Sunday, June 29, 2008

Lavender Days







Yesterday we went to Lavender Day in Mona, UT (about 25 min. South of us). We saw some shows including Peter's most favorite, the bagpipes. Maybe he'll start up taking lessons. I'm into guys in kilts, so that would be good with me. The kids did some medieval rides involving swinging barrels and such and we all got to try lavender ice cream. It's pretty good actually. I made myself a wreath that doesn't look so hot, but I'm not too crafty with the exception of the glue gun (and my quilting of course, but I don't know if that counts as crafty).
Cute little festival though. Great herb garden, which I was very impressed with. I've started growing herbs in the yard and was taking notes of their collection.
John was being pretty fussy, it was a bit hot, and after about tearing out my hair trying to make my wreath I was ready for some essential lavender oils to calm my nerves.

No comments: