Thursday, June 9, 2011

Popsicles and the 8th Commandment


I put up a sign by each of my freezers in the garage to try to prick the conscience of these neighborhood kids who are always on the prowl for our popsicles. I caught a group of 5 or 6 yesterday. One even threw his shoe under the sensor when Rebecca tried to shut the garage door. (I still have the shoe.) We ordered a lock for the chest freezer last year and most of the time it is locked, but of course on occasion it doesn't get relocked and we will catch them actually just stealing popsicles.

I've talked with parents but these particular kids seem to have little to no supervision and my frustrations seem to fall on deaf ears anyway. It is a hassle for me to have to lock my freezer and the whole situation makes me mad!!

3 comments:

Sally said...

Do they come in even if the garage is closed? Call the cops! Totally something they should know about!

RaEStoCo said...

Put an alarm on the freezer. Maybe that will scare them off. Little brats.

Bonnie said...

that is CRAZY!!! I agree, call the cops once. That will make the parents pay attention and teach them a lesson. rather now then later when they steal from a store!