Thursday, April 23, 2020

John turns 16

John turned 16 on Monday the 20th. Sarah came and we all sat on the front lawn while eating and waiting for people to come by with ice cold root beer.

 We invited people in the ward to do a "drive-by" social distancing visit to him. 

A few people came, which was really nice. The Hunters, the Cannons, and Brother Jason Davis. He knows all of them from young men and of course Bishop Cannon. They even brought gifts of candy and soda and some really cool t-shirts and a sweatshirt! 

 I asked him if he liked this sign. He said it was a "bit much," which I think means he liked it.

 My new Spanish dress went well for the occasion because John wanted enchiladas for dinner. He got some junk food that he likes, and Amazon gift card from my parents, a t-shirt and art supplies from Sarah, and a guitar, which should arrive by Friday...

Quarantine birthdays are a little weird, but considering how many things I had to do with my BYUI classes starting the same day and an exam in my mental health class I'd say it went pretty well.


No comments: