Thursday, April 23, 2020

Love


Know who I love? This guy. It was 25 years for us last year. We've had hard things and so many good things just like everyone else so I'd be false if I said it has always been smooth sailing. I'd say there was a few times I didn't know for sure if we'd make it. But I think over time you either grow closer together or further apart. Gratefully we found our way to the latter.

 We've come a long way together. Not nearly as far as some, but farther than others. Five kids, eleven moves, multiple business and jobs. We've made a lot of friends over the years, and a lot of those people are in marriages not unlike ours, may for a lot longer. So, I'm not saying this because I think we are special. I'm just saying it because it is. Love is a lot of things, isn't it? It is easy to take it for granted. I love him fiercely. I knew that before. It's just more prominent in our minds now.

This brings me to one of my favorite things is to take pictures of Peter just being Peter. Life is too short to not capture this stuff. And also it's funny. Soo funny.

And adorable. This is how I would picture him in 1930. He even has his newspaper.

Here's his heroic self cleaning out the fridge when the compressor died and I couldn't bring myself to do it. Fun fact: It does NOT take long for the fridge to start stinking when it's not cold.

I find him in around the house just doing random things. Like yoga. In the closet. Or on the side of the bed at midnight. But here I guess he was just stretching out on his ipad.

I came home from school one day and found him in his office like this. Aft first I thought he was naked. (He was wearing shorts). The second he saw me he knew I was going to lose it and he tried to wave me away as I laughed and took this picture and he tried to maintain his professional tone on the phone. I guess he got an important call as he was getting ready to shower. Of course I had to send the picture to the kids immediately.

He's been quite the biker the last couple of years. It's been so good for him. We have literally hundreds of biking photos in our google photos.

S ometimes he humors me when I go to take his picture, like here. Not often, but occasionally. This is how I find him a lot of days after I get home from a long day of school. He wears these thermal things to bed and when he gets up he just puts on shorts and a t-shirt over it. And the baseball hat. And then the flip flops. He rarely wears anything else because he has neuropathy in his feet. 

 I mean, it really isn't a joke. This happens all the time. I especially appreciate it when he hasn't even taken off his breathe right. I always know when he's had a client come to the house in the winter because he's not wearing those thermals. And occasionally, very occasionally, he's wearing a button-down shirt.

This is another good one. I believe he was stretching out his back.


No comments: