Thursday, April 23, 2009

Stake Musical






Our stake has had the most incredible musical. Never would I have thought my kids could be involved with something like this. It is fantastic. This area is so culturally saturated in music and dance and art. I can't believe in one stake they could have so many performers. Not just people who can sing, but people that are actually musically trained! Even young kids!

I nominated myself the unofficial photographer and took photos of all the acts at the first dress rehearsal.
Some of the acts included "Tradition" from Fiddler on the Roof, "Go Go Joseph" from Joseph and the Technicolor Coat, "Who I am" from Wicked, "We go Together" from Grease, "16 going on 17" from Sound of Music, a fantastic duet from Phantom of the Opera, "Somewhere over the Rainbow" from Wizard of Oz, "Circle of Life" from Lion King, "One Day More" from Les Miserables, etc.

My girls were in a song from my favorite movie of all time--"Annie." They did "Hard Knock Life" which also happens to be my favorite song from that movie. I have seen the show 4 or 5 times and can't wait to go again.
Check out the pics on the bottom of this blog if you like.

2 comments:

Meg said...

That is awesome! Besides Bakersfield Stake when I was in high school, I haven't been in any Stake that does "roadshow" stuff, or any talent type show's for that matter!

Amy said...

That looks like so much fun! I would be all about that!