Thursday, June 7, 2012

We're halfway there!

I've done 1400 names so far. If you haven't started indexing you should try it. It really is very simple to start. I think it's fun and kind of addicting!

Texas death certificates were quite interesting. Amazing how many men I indexed who lived to a ripe old age and then died of a shotgun blast to the chest! Guess you really don't want to mess with Texas, right?


Also makes me grateful reading about all the things that don't regularly prove fatal to our children anymore.


Here are all my badges for the 1940 census:








I know. Woo hoo.
:)
Still I've learned some things and I figure since I know squat about how to do my own family history (and my dad is working on it day in and day out) I can at least help index data for those who do.

No comments: