Friday, May 8, 2020

Will's days at home


 With school being out we have been spending a lot of time together as a family. I'd have to say overall it is going really well. We were having so much trouble with Will at school this school year. It was taking a big toll on Peter and I as we wondered what we were in for every day as we went to pick him up. His teacher always met us outside to tell us how the day went, and it was more often than not bad news. Turning over desks, ripping up paper, throwing markers at people, getting rough on the playground-- it was all getting to be too much for us to handle because we didn't know what to do about it. We tried every type of bribery but it was more and more obvious he just wasn't happy there. We highly considered pulling him out of school after the Christmas break but with the tax season upon us and me in nursing school I just didn't think we could do it. He has been so much happier as a home-schooled student and it really has gone a lot better than I thought it would have. Granted, we are only spending about an hour a day on it. I hear you really only have to spend about 2 hours a day when you are really homeschooling to basically get the same education you are getting with kids at school all day. I wouldn't doubt it.

 In the meantime, his front teeth are coming in. We haven't seen front teeth on this boy since we had to take them out around 18 months old! He's so cute πŸ’™

Sarah called me the other day to let me know their apartment had a little event going on at their complex with a free shave ice stand. I ran and he rode his bike over there and we got a couple of them. I tipped them 10 bucks because there's no doubt they need it right now. It felt good to do something normal.



 On the way home we stopped to take pictures of the flowers. All the love:)

 I love watching him play from upstairs when I'm working out.


 I also just like to see a clean living room once in a while. 
It's the best.
But sometimes I just see this-- πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…

Did I mention I'm also improving my art skills? 


 We get a little homework done every day. Sometimes we submit photos as part of the assignment. This week science was about forces.


And here was his letter to his class.

And this week I got creative and got out a bunch of old fingernail polish to paint the rocks he's always bringing home. I always end up with rocks in my fanny pack on the way home from the park. It turned out to be a really nice diversion.

This one is his favorite. He calls it his "crystal rock".



No comments: