Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Recipe Recommedation

As I mentioned we went to Carrabba's for my birthday this year and Peter got this lentil soup with sausage. I tried it and thought-- hmmm, this is yummy, I bet I could make this. Generally speaking I'm not super big on sausage but in the right amounts it can be really good. This is one of those instances. Found this recipe and made it today and it was absolutely delicious.

I wanted to make an Italian bread to go with and found this. The kids were raving about it and that was nice because they are spoiled and don't always give me good feedback.

Sad to say I haven't cooked much with lentils for a while. I will now though. Was wondering about the nutritional information on them and found this on Wikipedia--
"With about 30% of their calories from protein, lentils have the third-highest level of protein by weight, of any legume or nut, after Soybeans and Hemp."
Don't you just love it when something tastes great and is good for you too? Bonus!

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Oh my gosh does that sond good!!! I make a similar version but with pasta shells and canelli beans, but the lentils make so much sense!! Thank you for the new recipe!