Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Sewing

This is my sewing area in the basement during Christmas. I don't know why but I just love to sew at Christmas. People might think it is stressful, but for me it is just so much fun and I thrive on it! Gets those creative juices flowing. Have I mentioned how I love Christmas?



I made up this pattern for my friend Shawn who has been utterly sweet to me this year (and recently gave me the most decadent brownie recipe ever.) Her father was Dutch and she has all these Dutch traditions during Christmas--thus the tulips, windmills and Dutch wooden shoes. I thought it came out very cute. I can't tell if the wooden shoes actually look like shoes or just large mustaches. I only had to buy the border fabric-- all others were remnants from my stash.
I love red and white quilts. Heck, I love red and white anything!



Made these table runners for Linda and Penny after I saw the state of affairs Peter's mother Penny's table was in. Another project where I was kind of making it up as I went along. Sometimes I just cannot find a pattern I like so I improvise.
Now I want a table runner too.

This is a baby doll blanket I made for my two youngest nieces.
Just remnants leftover from other projects. I love cheap and super-cute Christmas presents.

1 comment:

Meg said...

Wow between the sewing and baking you must have been totally exhausted! Beautiful job on both by the way!