Friday, June 4, 2010

Sarah turns 12

For Sarah's birthday I took her and a few of her friends to Jump On It. Within the first 10 minutes my exceedingly accident prone daughter did some kind of a flip and landed her tailbone on a bar. She was in some serious pain even though I started the Advil ASAP. I was completely helpless to help her with the exception of holding ice on her bum in the car out in the parking lot, watching her cry in pain while all her friends were inside jumping. She could not walk for the rest of her birthday. It was very disappointing. I had a subtle voice in my head questioning the whole Jump On It thing though we've done it many times before. Maybe should have listened?


This is the big box that has been baffling Sarah for the last month. She asked for an ipod docking unit and a longboard and this just wasn't looking like either one. Do I even need to go into why I decided not buy a longboard for this child? She did get the docking unit though.


I think she was surprised and bonus--she liked it! Rebecca and Sarah are taking a 2 week sewing class this month. The machine does all kinds of stitches and has some cool features. I looked everywhere for what I wanted for a price I wanted to pay. I even watched the classifieds but no used machines came up that I was interested in for Sarah. Costco ended up being the best deal with the most stuff.



I ended up making 3 cakes. One burned and one fantistic chocolate, and one lemon that came out kind of flat. I know that those of you who are familiar with my tendency to burn things would be shocked, but try to hold yourselves together.

Jay gets in on the celebration. I had spent the first half of the day with his son lying on my couch in misery. His throat was swollen almost shut and I was in a panic all day that he suddenly wouldn't be able to breathe and was cursing Jay for leaving him with me and so Nathaniel and I took turns watching him breathe.
Peter was conveniently gone at a seminar in Park City.
Jay and Mel and their other kids had gone to her sister's wedding in Salt Lake.
Turns out it was strep. Their whole family has it.
Guess what?
I have strep now. For the first time I have been aware of.
Oh, and a lovely rash all over my face that Sarah says looks really bad.
I didn't think it looked that bad until I felt Peter staring at me last night
and I turned to him and he said, "Man your face looks bad."
Alrighty then.
Do you know what a strep rash is ?
Scarlet fever!
Yea, I didn't know that either.

No comments: